Sixteen (16) previously scheduled and committed volunteers are required for each evening of the Code Blue Program.
Volunteers will be needed only if Code Blue is called for that day.
- All volunteers must receive mandatory training so they feel comfortable with the program.
- If Code Blue is called, the volunteers will be notified by email and phone.
- Volunteers arrive at the Code Blue Site at the scheduled time for their position.
- Each site will have a Site Coordinator.
- Evening Drivers and Driver Attendants pick up keys and proceed to each of pick up points driving the AHTN bus "Delilah". Homeless guests interested in a warm bed for the night will be picked up at designated pick up points.
Drivers will be contacted by the Transportation Coordinator so driving records may be checked and approved in advance.
- Volunteer staff at Code Blue site set up cots and prepare for guests.
- Intake Staff will welcome the guests and assist with intake paperwork, hand out bedding, and direct guests to the meal and sleeping area.
- Site Coordinator or delegates will indicate location of bathroom facilities and areas open to the guests.
- Overnight Staff is on site and will assist with making the guests feel safe and comfortable.
- Meal Staff will prepare and serve a light evening meal. Volunteers may eat and socialize with the guests and other volunteers if they wish.
- Guests will be woken up at 6 a.m, to pack up the bedding, clean up the area used, retrieve their belongings and have a light breakfast prior to boarding the bus by 6:30 a.m.
- The Morning Drivers and Driver Attendants will take the guests to the points where they were picked up the evening before.